10 Nov Estate Planning For Married Couples
Here are some essential tips:
- Before you and your spouse get married, you need to discuss estate planning. It is crucial that you do this.
- It is also a good idea for you to think about whether or not you would like to have the same lawyer to handle your estate planning.
- When it comes to estate planning, you need to ensure that you leave your assets to your loved ones. Without an estate plan in place, your assets may go to the wrong individuals.
Estate planning for married couples is vital.
Make sure to have these documents:
- When you and your spouse get married, it is vital that you create or update your wills.
- Make sure that you have a last will and testament. A will guarantees that your possessions will go to your loved ones after you pass away. If you would like to leave all your possessions to your spouse, then you need to have a will.
Take a look at these useful points.
There are some important points to keep in mind when it comes to estate planning. Estate planning provides protection for your surviving spouse. It also protects the estate and all of the assets from any third-party claims. Estate planning is essential for any married couple. This is quite beneficial for you to take into consideration.
As a married couple, you can’t neglect to do your estate planning. Having an estate plan in place is necessary for any married couple. Make sure that you speak to an estate planning attorney to create an estate plan for you and your spouse. Estate planning for married couples cannot be neglected.
DR MERVIN MESSIAS
JD (Juris Doctor) / BA, LLB (Wits) / TEP (Trust & Estate Practitioner) / MTP (Master Tax Practitioner – S.A)